Pages

Feb 17, 2017

Books

Hello, everyone, and welcome back to another discussion! I would like to thank those of you who continue to view my blog, despite the fact that it takes forever for things to get posted. Thank you for your patience.



Well, I have decided to talk about books today.
Books! What mysteries lie beneath their covers?
What treasures are buried between the pages?

Well, I have come to answer these questions! For I am, Daniel the Discussionare and I will uncover the secrets that have been long hidden from Civilized Man. We shall start by talking about the fact that books are used a lot in my house. Whether for educational or recreational purposes, it truly depends upon the person and their mood. Because of the fact that I have such a large family that I am around all the time, I have a front row seat in the theater of book perspectives. Due to this, I believe that there are 4 kinds of perspectives on books: "Book reading is a punishment", "Willing, but not eager", "Book reading is important", and "My idea of a good time, is reading". I shall first state my evidence then proceed to prove my point.

Every member of my family falls into one of these categories:

  • my youngest brother falls into the category, "Willing, but not eager"
  • my second youngest brother falls into the category, "Book reading is a punishment"
  • my third youngest brother falls into the same category as the youngest, "Willing, but not eager"
  • my younger sister falls into the category of, "Book reading is important"
  • I fall into the category that is right in between, "Willing, but not eager" and "Book reading is important"
  • my mother falls into the category, "My idea of a good time is reading"
  • my father falls into the category, "Book reading is important"


Now, you might be saying, "Hey, Daniel, how can you be in between two categories?" and you have a point there. For that reason I have just added another category to the previous list: "Other". So now that I have stated my evidence, I shall prove my point. Just last night, the Three Littles (that is the name my family appointed to my three brothers) were fighting. They were yelling and calling names, so on. They weren't throwing any punches... But, it was close. Then, my mother says, "Alright! Go grab a book and sit down!"

My youngest brother, in response to this, said, "Okay..." and shuffled in the direction of the book shelves; my second youngest brother, in response to this, said, "Aw, come on! Why?!" and after a few moments of attempted argument with the Higher Ups, took the walk of shame and grabbed a book; and my third youngest brother, in response to this, said, "Fine." and made his way to the book shelves. That is how my brothers respond to being told to read.

My sister... If you can't find her... Is probably in her room reading. Now that I think about it... My sister would fall into the category, "Other" because she would be in the middle of "Book reading is important." and "My idea of a good time, is reading." If my mother told me to read a book, my response would be something along the lines of, "Why?? I'm in the middle of something really important..." But, I would go read a book if my parents told me to.

I enjoy reading... Only if it is something that I'm interested in: Sci/Fi, Fantasy, Adventure. Here is a list of books that I enjoyed reading,

  • The Lord of the Rings Trilogy and The Hobbit by J.R.R Tolkien
  • Randoms by David Liss
  • all the Minecraft books by Mark Cheverton
  • Pilgrim's Progress by John Bunyan
  • Harry Potter books by J.K. Rowling
  • Robinson Crusoe by Daniel Defoe

There are a lot of others too... But, off the top of my head... I can't remember them... (I haven't read them in a while...)

Now... I am going to blow your mind... I write books. No... None of them have been published yet and to tell the truth, none of them are worth publishing. You see... I have a really active imagination and so I just pour it into stories that I tell my brothers or on my little laptop. So... Unless your favorite things to read are akin to what Discord (from My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic) would write, you probably wouldn't enjoy my stories. Now, my topics are intriguing, for example a book that I am working on now is called, 'An Active Imagination'. It is about a boy who when ever he loses focus on what he is doing he time travels just a little. So to him it feels like time just flies when he thinks. But, the reality is he is time traveling. He can only travel forward, and only a few minutes to an hour, but as the book goes on, his powers grow stronger and it turns out that he is the last of an alien race who fled a war. He hid himself on Earth and forgot everything about himself.

See? Doesn't that make you want to read it?? Doesn't that sound awesome? Well... If you want me to post a few chapters of it, then in the comment section post YOUR FAVORITE TYPE OF PIE, and I will happily post a few chapters of the book.

I've actually written a lot of short stories through the years. I remember that the first one I ever wrote was back in Alaska... I was 12... I remember that it was titled 'The Story of Herobrine'. It consisted of three chapters (back then... one of my chapters had about four paragraphs) and it was how Herobrine came to exist and how he got stuck in Minecraft. On a side note: it is important to note that this was back when I ate, breathed, and slept Minecraft and believed in Herobrine with every fiber of my being. I've made so many short storied and 'wanna-be' books that I've lost track of them all. And due to moving and computers dying and info being wiped and all that... I've lost all my books. Every last one of them. Therefore... I restarted. The only book that I am working on now, is 'An Active Imagination'.

Well... That just about wraps up my Discussion for today... Please remember to follow me and stay tuned for more. On a side note... If you are still enjoying my posts and would like me to continue... Post what category you fall in and your favorite books (if you have any) in the comment section, below!

Until next time.

10 comments:

  1. YOUR FAVORITE TYPE OF PIE

    Also, I think it depends on the mood, but I would actually fall into all categories.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also have a suggestion. Instead of talking about big subjects like books and movies and video games in general, why not just talk about a certain type game or book or thing you are working on? That way, you can have more things to post and more freedom to talk about them, but it's just a suggestion.

    If I had a request for one, I would like to see your thoughts on a Final Fantasy game (any will do, 1-15/ spinoff, doesn't matter). If I had to suggest one I would try Final Fantasy 6 (any version but the Steam/iOS version, preferably the one packaged in Final Fantasy Anthology) or Final Fantasy 7 (I would suggest the updated PS3/Steam version, but I'll let you choose.

    Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You have an excellent point there, beardoAdept! What a great idea! I'm going to use this!
      P.S. I would happily write about Final Fantasy... If I had more knowledge of it. I don't want to give an impression that I know more than I actually know. But, thank you for the suggestions!! I wish I could get more.
      P.P.S. If you would really like me to post about Final Fantasy just let me know, and I will happily look into it.

      Delete
    2. I'm not really asking for you to know to much about Final Fantasy (or any other subject you choose), but just the game you are mainly talking about or the stuff you know that's related to it. Like how much you like or dislike the story, characters, gameplay, references, etc. or things like sequels and books and spin-off games, BUT ONLY to your knowledge.

      Also yes, I would really like to see something from Final Fantasy or maybe another series you or I can think of...

      Anyways, thanks for taking in my suggestions.

      Delete
  3. No problem what so ever!
    How about the Sonic games? Those, I am actually familiar with.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh yeah, that would pretty good to (I'm not as familiar with Sonic, but I still really like Sonic games overall).

    If I had to suggest one, I would try either Sonic Adventure, Sonic Adventure 2, or Sonic Generations (don't care what it's played on or if it's the original/remake).

    ReplyDelete
  5. Im so confused with the comment section. You and Ryan are weird. And I'm allowed to say that as your adorable little sister :3

    Nice post!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Shoosh, Bekah.




    Shooooooooooosh......

    ReplyDelete
  7. Indeed! You tell 'er, Ryan!
    Shoosh!

    ReplyDelete