Pages

Aug 31, 2017

Discussion

Hello everybody and welcome to Daniel's Discussions! The place where we discuss things just for the sake of discussing things... Today's Topic: Dark Souls!
Now... You might be saying, 'Look at this idiot! Why does he talk about this game so much?!' Well... Just hold onto your horses and you will be impressed! Or at least fascinated... I hope.

So... As you know, I play a video game called Dark Souls, or well... You should, I talk about this game a lot because it is the only game that I have that challenges me, and therefore I can still play it. On a Side Note (this will be important to remember), in the video game there are nine attributes that you can upgrade to make your character better:

Vigor, that's your health; 
Attunement, that's your ability to use special attacks and magic;
Endurance, this is stamina; 
Vitality, this is your equip load (how much you can have on your person); 
Strength, pretty self explanatory; 
Dexterity, I actually don't know how you would explain this in real life... In the game, you have to have high Dexterity to use katanas or other weapons that you need to be agile with;
Intelligence, this gives you the ability to use Sorceries;
Faith, this gives you the ability to use Miracles and Pyromancies;
Luck, this is your item discovery.

Everything you upgrade raises your physical and elemental defenses, but only Strength-Faith increases your attack damage. Luck also increases your attack damage, but only if you are Hollow.
For more information... Check out this website: Dark Souls Wiki

Anyway... One of the things that make me love the game even more, is the fact that you can mix and match the armor sets and weapons to get something that looks really cool (remember this for later). After I beat the game on my first account (and perused every outcome), I remembered that in most video games the story mode changes if you change gender. So, being honestly curious (and a Completionist, through and through), I created a new account as a female. There were some story mode changes... Mainly, everyone addressed you as a woman, and the person you have the ability to marry changes from a woman (when you play as a male) to a man (when you play as a female). But, other than that... There are no story mode changes. HOWEVER! There is a dramatic difference in the way armor sets are worn, between a male and a female. Some armor sets are a little different, while some completely change.

Another thing... I believe that there is something else in the very code of the game... When you create a character, and you change your gender, there is a notice that claims that the attributes don't change. AND YET, I played as a Thief (with a Luck stat of 14; the highest luck of any starting class) as a female and the very first Thrall who wielded a Flamberge (the most powerful and lightest Greatsword IN THE GAME) that I killed dropped the Flamberge... That item is only dropped by Thralls wielding it, and they are a rare enemy... Not only that... But, that item is an Ultra Rare Drop with a 5% drop rate WITH 99 LUCK!! And yet, as a female, with 14 Luck... The first Flamberge Thrall I killed dropped it. 

So, I created a new class, as a male Thief... And repeated what I did in the female class. I farmed that Thrall for an hour, killing it 50 times!! Not one Flamberge. So, I deleted that class and made another female Thief... Same thing!!! First Flamberge Thrall I killed dropped the Flamberge. Then... Just to amuse myself, I created a female class as a Knight (who only has 9 Luck starting off) and upgraded my Luck to 14 and guess what... First Flamberge Thrall, dropped a Flamberge.

Therefore, after a week long study and six separate classes, I have to come to the conclusion that (despite the fact that the stats don't change between a male and female class) the value of the stats are worth more on a certain gender... Strength, Vitality, an Faith has a higher value on a male class than a female class; Dexterity, Intelligence, and Luck has a higher value on a female class than a male class.

In summary... In Dark Souls if you change your gender: the story mode hardly changes, armor sets dramatically change, the way you use and the stats you need to use weapons don't change at all, and the value of stats change on some attributes. 

So, everyone... I am very sorry that I don't post discussions as much as I claimed that I would. I swear that I wasn't lying. I made that claim back when the only thing that I had going on in my life was school. But, now... Things just keep getting in the way. School, my job, and every day life kind of... Pushed blogging out of my mind. I am going to blog when ever I can. But, I am not going to make any vain promises. I feel as though I have already let you guys down quite a bit...

I hope this blog interested you and that I can continue to amuse you in the future. 
Please remember to post a comment to let me know what you think, if you have any requests, or if you just want to tell me that this whole post was pointless and that I am an idiot... Go right ahead!
Stay tuned for more!

Daniel... Out!

No comments:

Post a Comment