Pages

Jan 19, 2017

Video Games

     Hello, everyone, and welcome to the first official discussion on my blog! So, get your note pads, Doritos, and Mt. Dew... We are going to be discussing the wonders of VIDEO GAMES!
   
     I'm sure that we've all played at least a few video games in our time. In fact, I can't remember a time when I didn't play video games... And because of this, I have played a lot of video games over the years, from the first Lego video game to Dark Souls III (which I'm still playing). But, out of all these video games that I've played, Minecraft would have to be the one that I've played the most. I still remember the day I first heard the word: I was 10 years old, having a sleepover with my friend Eric. I remember that the conversation went like this:
We had just finished dinner, Eric turned to me and asked,
"Hey, do you know what Minecraft is?" I remember thinking that he meant Minesweeper, so I responded,
"Yes. I'm very good at it."
"Do you want to play it?" Now, it's important to note, that we had been playing Wii games all day (mostly Smash Bros. and Mario Kart) so I was willing to play anything else at that point. So I shrugged and replied,
"Sure. Why not?" So, he led me to his father's Mac and started it up. Now, up until I saw the main screen of Minecraft, I thought that he was talking about Minesweeper. So, when I saw Minecraft I asked,
"What's this?" He looked at me with a confused expression and said,
"You said you knew what Minecraft was..."
"I thought you were talking about the game with the bombs and the numbered blocks."
"Oh! You mean Minesweeper! I see." So, he started me off with my own world and walked me through how the game was played, and in one night, I became addicted to that game. It wasn't until I got started playing the Uncharted games that I stopped playing Minecraft. Now that I think about it... I haven't played Minecraft in a while... But, when I did play it though, I would build magnificent structures and huge redstone machines.

     But, before that, I played PlayStation games of all kinds! I remember beating the first Little Big Planet game, I beat most of the Lego Games. When we had a Wii, I beat New Super Mario Bros. and Metroid... We also played Wii Sports a lot. Basically... Until I turned 12, I was restricted to only playing child's games. But, I remember the first "T" rated video game that I ever played... Force Unleashed! Do you remember those games? Or at least heard of them? For those of you who haven't, it takes place right between Episode 4 and 5 of Star Wars. Darth Vader has trained an apprentice in the Dark side of The Force and sends him to kill those who oppose the Empire (mostly rogue Jedi). But, about half way through, the apprentice joins the Rebellion so you spend the rest of the first game preparing to fight Vader. You win the fight with Vader, then you fight The Emperor. You lose the fight with The Emperor, but your friends and the girl you love escape. That's how the first game ends. The second game picks up right after that. You have been cloned and your clone has to defeat Vader. The second game ends on a cliffhanger. If there even is a third Force Unleashed, I have neither heard of it nor played it. (P.S. if there is a third Force Unleashed, please tell me in the comments, thank you!)

     That was the range of video games that I had for years. I played the same games and beat the same games over and over. Until I was given the Uncharted series. I loved those four games! I poured so much time into those games. But, like all video games... I collected everything you could collect and did everything you could do... Again and again. You see... I just couldn't find a video game that challenged me. Then another friend of mine by the name of Jack, introduced me to Dark Souls. That game captured me and held me hostage! It challenged me... And I loved it!! I still haven't beaten the first game... I don't go to his house often enough to have beaten it. But, at his house I played the first two games... Now, I own the third game, Dark Souls III: rated "M" for Blood and Violence. That's it... Two words, "Blood, Violence" and there's a setting where you can turn the blood OFF! And, it's not violent, if you've watched Lord of the Rings, you can handle everything that is in Dark Souls III.

     Well, I could talk about so much more... But, then this post would take ages to read... It's supposed to be a post, not a book. HA HA! But, don't worry, there will be plenty of that in the future. Have any questions? Any statements? Any suggestions? Please, let me know in the comments. Thank you for reading!

1 comment: